Booking terms and conditions of renting ‘CYPRUS’
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property is to be occupied by the Holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted by persons under 18 years of age. All Holidaymakers must have a verifiable UK billing address.
- Group bookings of single sex parties are not allowed unless special arrangements are made between the Owner and the Holidaymakers. Safety Deposits will be required.
- A Deposit of 1/3rd of the cost of the holiday must accompany the booking request if the booking request is more than 9 weeks from the date the holiday is to be taken.
- If the booking request is within 9 weeks from the date the holiday is to be taken the whole cost of the holiday must accompany the booking request.
- If a Deposit is taken and the booking request is accepted then the balance of the payment for the holiday must be made upon acceptance and this must be no later than 9 weeks before the date the holiday is to be taken.
- The Owner reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Holidaymaker will be refunded with the exception of an administration fee of £50.00.
- No bookings are valid until confirmed by the Owner in writing.
- It is recommended that Holiday Travel Damage Protection and Cancellation Insurance be taken out by the Holidaymaker.
- In the event of cancellations not covered by insurance the Owner will endeavour to re-let the accommodation. If successful the balance of the cost for the accommodation will not be due as stated in Paragraph 6 above. If the balance has already been paid it will be refunded. The Deposit will be retained. If the Owner is not successful in re-letting the accommodation then the balance of monies will have to be paid and if already paid will not be refunded.
- In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as fire or flood) all monies paid by the Holidaymaker will be refunded. Compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event will not be made to the Holidaymaker.
- Smoking within the property is not allowed but is permitted in the rear yard of the property.
- The Holidaymakers shall keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday.
- No items from the property must be taken out of the property during the stay unless agreed by the Owner.
- The Holidaymakers will leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order as it was found.
- Holidaymakers must report any damage to the property or breakages in the property made during their holiday occupancy to the Owner before vacating the property. Charges to compensate for damage or breakages are at the discretion of the Owner.
- The Owner reserves the right to make a reasonable charge for cleaning and/or redecoration where Holidaymakers have contravened the ‘No Smoking’ policy within the property.
- The Holidaymakers’ right to occupy the property may be forfeited at any time before or during their stay without compensation if any of the following occur:-
a) More people or pets than declared at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday to the Owner and/or the number the property holds, attempt to take up occupation of the property or do occupy the property.
b) Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner’s express permission in writing.
c) Any activity is undertaken in the property which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
d)Smoking within the property.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the property, including the rear yard, unless a Holidaymaker is registered blind and has a guide dog. Proof will be required to ensure this condition is met. Holidaymakers with guide dogs must comply with the following conditions:-
a) Guide dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property.
b) Any fouling in the rear yard must be cleaned up immediately.
c) The guide dog’s owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in.
d) Guide dogs must not be left alone in the property at any time.
e) Guide dogs must not lie on beds, settees, chairs or furnishings and dog hair must be well cleaned up before vacating the property.
f) Guide dog owners must ensure their guide dogs are free from parasites and fleas before occupying the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges for eradication treatment of the parasites or fleas.
- Each guide dog will be charged at £20.00 for up to 7 nights, £40.00 for up to 14 nights and an additional £20.00 for every week or part week thereafter.
- Any damage to the property caused by a guide dog must be reported to the Owner immediately and an additional charge to rectify the damage may be incurred. This charge will be at the Owner’s discretion.
- An additional charge may be incurred if there has to be any excessive cleaning of the property due to the guide dog. This charge will be at the discretion of the Owner.
- Check-in time – 2.00pm on day of arrival. Check-out time – 10.30am on day of departure.
- All prices quoted for the accommodation include VAT at current rates.
- The Owner or his representative shall be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning the property the matter must be reported to the Owner immediately. It is important that this is done whilst the Holidaymaker is in occupation of the property in order that a site investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended.
- The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.